How to start Laddu and Chikki Making Business? [Machine Prize, Recipe, Cost, Material List, Investments, Profit Margin]
Laddu and chikki are such sweet dishes that are liked by people from various states across the nation. Almost every household in north India has high demand for laddu. Various types of laddu are found in these areas. Besan laddu, motichur laddu and aadu laddu are the most prominent ones being sold in the shops. To make chikki healthy various kinds of dry fruits, etc. are added to it which makes it nutritious.
Raw materials required for making laddu and chikki:
You require a variety of raw materials to make laddu and chikki. Here the raw materials for the prominent laddus:
|Rs 70 per kg
|Rs 70 per kg
|Rs 200 per kg
|Rs 31 per kg
|Rs 80 per kg
|Rs 78 per kg
|Rs 45 per kg
You can also start the business of making jaggery.
To make laddu and chikki you will need big pots, spoons, filtering spoons, rectangular piece of wood on which you can place the chikki after making it, etc.
Required place for laddu and chikki making business:
- At domestic level: if you want to start this business at domestic level without any machinery then for manufacturing laddu and chikki you require 200 sq. feet to 250 sq. feet of area.
- Installation of machine: to install the required machinery for this business you need an area of 300 sq. feet. Then for packaging the products you will need an additional area of 75 to 85 sq. feet. So to install the plant you will need a total of 400 to 450 sq. feet of area.
Where to buy raw materials from?
You can obtain the required raw materials by visiting the following links:
Automatic laddu and chikki making machine price:
To establish the whole chikki plant you will need Rs 2.4 lakhs. If you also want to get the mould for making laddus then you will have to spend Rs 50,000 more. With the help of these two machines your whole set up of making chikki and laddu gets ready.
From where to buy machinery:
How to make chikki or laddu at home:
You can easily make laddu and chikki at your home. Now various machineries are available for making it.
Making laddu at home-
- For making laddus 700gms dry fruits, 1 kg peanuts, 1 kg chickpeas, 1 kg oil, 1 kg Murmure, 1 kg Lai and Rajgira are required.
- Place a big pot on gas and then pour water in it and let it boil.
- Once the water starts boiling add jaggery in it. Jaggery melts easily in hot water. After it has melted perfectly, keep it aside in a different vessel.
- Set he flame high and keep the jaggery water to make its chashni. Add dry fruits, peanuts, etc. in this.
- You can add up to 700gms of dry fruits in 1 kg jaggery’s chashni. Take the mixture in your hands and start rolling it in your hands in a circular motion to form the laddus and keep each piece separately.
Chikki recipe at home-
- The process of making chashni is the same as of laddus’.
- After it add dry fruits to the chashni. Add around 5 kg dry fruits in 1 kg jaggery’s chashni.
- If you want then you can add 5 kg of peanuts and various dry fruits to complete 1.5 kg quantity. This completes the required quantity of dry fruits in chikki.
- Spread the mixture on a wooden plank/flat pan. Cut it into small rectangular pieces. And let it dry.
Chikki and laddu making by machine:
If you want to make more chikki and laddu in less time then use machine. This way you can make more chikki and laddu in less time and earn good profits. You require a variety of machines for this purpose. These are as under:
- Ground nut roaster machine
- Skin removing machine
- Groundnut and jaggery mixing machine
- Sheeting and cutting machine
- Packing machine
The combination of all these machines helps setting up the plant for making chikki.
Chikki manufacturing process:
- Firstly put groundnuts in the roasting machine at a temperature of 180 degrees. The groundnuts become red and stiff.
- Peel off the skin of groundnuts by using skin removing machine. This machine can peel off more skins in less time.
- Mix groundnut and jaggery using the machine.
- Now set this mixture in a tray with a certain width by using machine. Set the required width with the help of machine.
- Then put it under machine to cut it. The machine will cut the chikki in your desired shape. After this it is ready for packaging.
- You can make up to 5 kgs of chikki with the help of this machine at a go. So you can prepare more chikki in less time.
Laddu making machine-
- The process of mixing groundnut and jaggery is the same as chikki.
- After this either using your hands or with laddu making mould you can make laddus which are easily sellable in the market.
- There is special kind of machine which is used to make round laddus. You can easily shape your laddus with the help of that machine.
Precautions while making chikki and laddu:
- You have to take various precautionary measures in this business. You should make a regular check on the quality of your products. If you are making laddus from your hand then make sure that they are of uniform size. Similarly you have to maintain the uniformity of size while making chikkis.
- When using machine for making chikki be sure about the temperature of the groundnut roasting machine. If the temperature is more than it can result in burnt groundnuts. So make sure that the temperature is controlled. You will also have to make a check on cleanliness as the chashni is sticky and can invite dirt.
How to do packaging of chikki and laddu:
You have to be very careful while packing chikki and laddu. You can use good quality polythene for chikki. To pack laddus you will need small cardboard boxes. You can get these made according to the quantity of laddu and chikki. You can start with 100gms packet of chikki. For laddus you can start with package of 250gms. Packages of 500 gms are easily sold in the market.
Chikki and laddu making business marketing:
Just like any other business you need to have a full marketing plan ready for it. You can sell your laddus and chikkis to any general store or also on wholesale. You can also try to sell your products at snacks shop. You can also sell these at some sweets shop. You can also sell it to the shops near temples or holy places as they offer these as Prasad. You can also advertise your products in newspaper, hoardings and posters.
Chikki and laddu making business cost:
The information regarding the total cost for this business is given below-
- At small scale or domestic level: you can easily start this business at domestic level. A cost of 35,000 to 40,000 would be apt for setting up this business at small scale.
- For installing plant: to manufacture chikki and laddu at large scale you need to install a plant. Around 4 to 5 lakhs is spent on establishing a plant.
Chikki and laddu making business profit:
If you operate this business at domestic level then you can earn up to 15,000 to 20,000 per month. On the other hand if you set up a plant and operate this business at large scale then you can earn profit up to Ra 1 lakh per month. The amount of profit depends on the quality of your product. The better the quality, more the profits.
License for laddu and chikki making business in India:
You need to get your business registered through Udyog Aadhar and MSMI. If you want to install a plant then you have to get your firm registered either according partnership or proprietorship. Apart from this you have to obtain current bank account, PAN card, etc for your firm.
GST is being used now-a-days in the country. So it is mandatory to get your firm registered according to GST. Since these are consumable/edible products so you have to get then checked by FSSAI and obtain license of department of food and public distribution.
- Mushroom Farming Business Plan
- Eraser Making Business Plan
- Potato Chips Manufacturing Business
- Bitcoin Mining Business Plan